Apologizing for ones' mistake is not easy. Especially when it involves you and someone who is in authority. You need to be humble and forego your ego in doing so.
However, at times, it is so easy to say sorry and not mean it. But it really takes up a lot of courage of saying sorry and meaning it with all your heart.
Saying sorry may heal the external part of the relationship, but it's being sorry and meaning it that heals the heart and bonds the relationship closer.
That's how it is with our relationship with God. Most of the times, we just say that we're sorry for the wrong things that we did without meaning it. When you mean it, it hurts your heart to say that you're sorry. It's human nature to defend ones' ego and to defend themselves even when they are in the wrong. But it's His nature to forego ones' ego and humble themselves to admit that they are wrong.
I'm glad that I mend the relationship between me and Prof. It was tough apologizing for my own mistake. And it definitely took courage in doing so. I just pray that I will learn to apply this lesson in my walk with Him. Not to just say sorry..but to mean it.
Not just by words..but by actions. Just like loving someone..it's not just by words, but by the way you treat the person with respect and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment